Come work with us!
Start Date May 22nd End Date Aug 26th (35 hours a week)
$14.50 per hour
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
The Education and Interpretive Assistant supports the Kings County Museum’s educational, public, and interpretive programming. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and overseeing educational programming for a variety of age groups, giving tours, arranging public programming, assisting with events, and communicating with external organizations to arrange tours and events. The successful candidate may also complete some administrative tasks in the Main office such as processing purchases and donations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans educational activities for various age groups
- Assists with the development of workshops and educational programming
- Works to develop new partnerships with local organizations
- Oversees educational events and offers support when not directly facilitating
- Helps to plan future educational projects and events
- Develops interpretation script for current exhibits
- Provides tours to visitors
- Answers questions and helps visitors while they are at the museum
- Works with staff to plan exhibit related events and workshops
with staff to plan and coordinate public programming for a variety of age groups
- Facilitates programming
- Assists with events
- Develops and facilitates educational programming for children and adults
- Works with Curator to develop Nova Muse Ed activities
- Assists with gift shop transactions and other sales
- Assists with fundraising
- Assists with administrative tasks
- Maintains visitor statistics