Welcome to the Kings County Museum’s Website
WE NOW HAVE ACCESS NOVA SCOTIA PROPERTY ONLINE.
We are excited to open our doors, but there are a few things
you need to know before you visit…
The Kings County Museum will be following all COVID-19 protocols!
- All visitors must practice social distancing to reduce their exposure to other people – this means you should stay at least six feet away from anyone you do not live with or within your social circle.
- Masks are mandatory for staff and visitors. Children under the age of two are exempt, as well as people with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask.
- Researchers are welcome, but visits are through appointment only. Please call 902-678-6237 to reserve a time.
- We will be collecting visitor information for contact tracing.
- As always, please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and Nova Scotia’s response, visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus.
Our Mission: To collect, preserve, and interpret the cultural and natural history of Kings County, Nova Scotia.
Our Vision: To be a sustainable and inclusive operation with expert staff and quality exhibits and programming.
Our Mandate: The mandate of the Kings Historical Society is to:
- Provide dynamic space for community and cultural engagement
- Inspire curiosity about varied histories
- Celebrate the natural world around us
- Connect past and future generations
- Foster a better understanding and appreciation of the cultures of peoples who contributed to the collective history of this region, and the land upon which it is based
Admission to our tours and exhibits is through donation.
Our latest newsletter is here!