Kings Historical Society AGM
We will hold our Annual general Meeting of the Kings Historical Society on Tuesday June 23 at 7:30 PM online via Zoom. Our bylaws require an annual general meeting to be held by June 30 of each year but with the COVID-19 pandemic protocols we have opted to attempt a video meeting. Please note that the province has extended this deadline but in the interest of expediency and continuity we have decided to hold the meeting only one month past its usual date. Our bylaws stipulate that we must have at least 13 KHS members in attendance to proceed. We are anticipating that the meeting will be not much more than 30 minutes duration as it has been in the past. If a quorum is not present at the start it will be rescheduled at a later date.
For those of you who do not have Zoom on your computer or cell phone you will need to either install it as an application or start it up in your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), register, and sign in. To use Zoom you will be required to sign up (register) using an email address and a password. It will ask you if you want to allow Zoom to use your computer’s or cell phone’s video and audio. Allow which one you want to use or both.
You will receive an email with a link to the meeting and a password a few days before the meeting. You can join via audio only or audio and video. There is also an option to join in the audio (only) by telephone. We will provide the number previous to the meeting.
Here is what to expect when you join our Zoom meeting:
1. Joining: You can join by clicking on the link, phoning in, or entering the meeting ID manually in your zoom desktop app. You can also join from your browser without downloading the desktop or cell phone app. Phone participants – a number will be provided shortly before the meeting
2. Password: If (and only if) you are joining by manually entering the meeting ID into the zoom app, you will be prompted to enter the password included in the invitation. Otherwise, the password is entered automatically for you.
3. Waiting Room: All participants will be admitted at the start of the meeting. Until then, everyone will be in an electronic “waiting room.”
4. Your audio: All participants will be muted automatically upon joining the meeting. Only the meeting leader will have optional audio. This prevents feedback/echo. You will need to unmute your mic to speak which is a button on your screen.
5. Your video: We invite participants to keep their video on. Everyone’s video will be a small thumbnail in the larger image.
6. Speaker View vs. Gallery View: In the top right corner, you can see the option to switch between Speaker View and Gallery View. Speaker View is recommended (the Speaker’s video is large and prominent)
7. Help/Chat: You can use the zoom chat tool to communicate with the host(s).
Your invite to the meeting via email will look something like the following:
Kings Historical Society is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Annual General Meeting
Time: June 23, 2020 7:30PM Atlantic Time
Join Zoom Meeting
(meeting link will show here……click on it)
Meeting ID: (will show here to join the meeting manually)
Password: (will show here to join the meeting manually)